Thursday, July 4, 2013

Tumbling Blocks and other fun things.

I did the July Block of the Month for 2013, it was a tumbling block pattern. My first time doing this block and I was surprised how easily it went. Laura Nownes did an excellent job explaining each step. I am so pleased with each class and how many new techniques I have learned.

http://www.craftsy.com/lecture/july-60-degree-triangles-and-diamonds-tumbling-blocks/1807.html?t=1432?_ct=fhevybu-sbqiimeha-lytue-sedjydku&_ctp=183


 
I was really happy with most of the alignments of the blocks. I had one I just could not get but you know what for the first time tackling this block. I am happy that the majority fit like they are supposed to fit. I enjoyed this block so much I am going to do a whole quilt with this particular block.
I can just see this block in so many different color options.
 
We joined some friends for dinner this evening. I am not a big steak fan but I will have to admit the rib-eye was prepared to perfection. The steak was accompanied with baked potato and grilled summer squash. It was a very enjoyable evening, good food, good company!
 
The USS Arlington posted the pictures of my son, Chris getting his cover. In the Navy, it is a honor that another Chief place your new cap on your head. The Navy is funny in some respects because they still follow so many traditions whereas the rest of the world has no idea what traditions mean or why they have value.

 
He's a career Navy man which means he will be there 25 years. At this point, he has been in 17 years. It is hard to imagine that at 43 he can retire and move on to the next part of his life. You can't really see him but the young man in the blue shirt is my 9 year old grandson, also Chris.
 
This precious little girl is my granddaughter Olyvia. She just turned 7 months old. That little dress she is wearing I made for her. I had forgotten how much fun it is to make little girl dresses. It has been awhile since my other granddaughters are 17 years old and 14 years old. I sewed for them before they went to school. After, that our schedules were always so chaotic that sewing fell to the wayside.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment